This Tentbox limited warranty applies to physical goods only, that have been purchased from either TentBox Ltd or a TentBox Ltd authorized reseller.
1. What does it cover?
This limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship arising under normal use of TentBox Products, for the duration of the Warranty Period.
Should you notify us within the Warranty Period of a defect in either the materials or workmanship, we will investigate and if we are able to observe the defect and there are no signs to suggest that the Product has been used other than as intended, we will help to repair, replace or refund either the defective part or the whole Product at our sole option and discretion and at no charge to you for parts or labour.
When repairing or replacing we may use new or refurbished replacement parts.
2. Who is covered?
This limited warranty is given to the original purchaser of the Product, provided that such purchase was made direct from TentBox Limited or an authorised reseller of TentBox Ltd Products, only.
This limited warranty is not capable of being transferred or assigned to any other person whether on future sale of the Product or otherwise.
The original purchaser should contact TentBox directly for warranty service.
3. How long does the coverage last?
In relation to Products*, the coverage lasts 2 years** from date of purchase.
See section 6 for extended warranty information.
*exclusions: ex-demonstration, returned and/or refurbished Products.
**does not apply for products we sell that are supplied by other brands. See specific warranties for these brands below:
- BioLite - 12 months
- GoalZero - 24 months
4. How to get Warranty service
If you purchased your defective Products directly from TentBox Ltd, please contact us using the contact form on our website (www.tentbox.com) and describe the problem in as much detail as possible.
Proof of date of purchase may be required, as well as proof of the issue e.g. an image or video, as stated by TentBox staff at the time you raise the issue.
If you purchased your defective Products from one of TentBox’s authorized resellers, please contact the company that you purchased from, who will then contact TentBox Ltd regarding the issue.
In either case, at our sole option and discretion, we will decide whether to:
- provide instructions for simple repairs (where replacement parts are not required); or
- send field replacement parts; or
- send an immediate exchange; or
- authorize you to return the Product to TentBox Ltd for service
4.1 Field replacement/repair
Most defective parts are easily field-replaceable. This is the fastest way to get problems corrected and repairs completed.
If we agree that Warranty Replacement Parts are required, we will ship the necessary parts to you free of charge, and at our expense, using the carrier and method of our choice.
If you are unable to replace the parts yourself, we may help to cover the reasonable costs of somebody doing this for you (provided we are able to agree these costs with the third party in advance), or we may ask you to bring your defective unit to our facility at your expense.
4.2 Factory return, repair or replace
If we decide that your product needs to be returned to our factory, or HQ, to be repaired, fixed or replaced, TentBox will cover all shipping costs if the product is being collected from an address in a country that we currently ship to. If you require collection from outside of this countries, you may be required to cover the shipping costs.
Returned products covered under this limited warranty will be repaired or replaced, free of charge, and returned to you at the expense of TentBox Ltd, using the carrier and method of our choice.
Please note products, where defects cannot be discovered, will be shipped back at your expense.
5. This Limited Warranty does not cover
- Products resold by the Product Owner, i.e. second hand sales;
- Consumable parts, such as batteries, cloth parts of products or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Normal wear and tear, as to be expected from regular use of a product
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and rusting;
- UV (ultra-violet) damage to fabric or other materials, where the damage is purely cosmetic
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, earthquake or other external causes;
- Damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not a representative of TentBox Ltd or a TentBox Ltd Authorized Service Provider;
- A TentBox Ltd product that has been modified in any way
- Any TentBox Ltd product where the branding has been removed or defaced
- Any TentBox Ltd product that has been used for commercial purposes, including but not limited to rentals
6. 5 year extended Warranty for Roof Tent products.
For Products in the roof tent category, we offer an additional 3 year extended warranty for defective materials and workmanship provided such defects arise during normal use conditions and provided the Products have only been used as intended.
The extended warranty starts after the 2 year limited warranty ends and is non-transferrable to any other person whether on sale of the Product or otherwise.
During the extended warranty period, TentBox Ltd will repair or replace (at our sole option and discretion) defective parts at a minimum cost to the customer i.e production or purchase price of the part + shipping cost.
The same limitations as listed in sections 5 and 7 apply to the extended warranty.